Brief facts about the new hospital
The hospital main entrance hall will have a ceiling height of three storeys with a light and airy interior courtyard.
The hospital will carry out highly specialized and specialized care with a focus on effective patient flows, high levels of patient safety e.g. with single rooms for all inpatients, and increased collaboration between health care, research and training.
- The total new build area (BTA) is approximately 330 000 square metres.
- Up to 12 floors, including 1-2 basement floors with parking spaces, staff changing rooms, logistics and goods delivery. A heliport with space for two helicopters.
- In total 730 in-patient beds, of which;
- 550 in the main healthcare building (84 of these are designed for intensive care).
- 80 in the treatment building
- About 86 in the existing Thoracic building
- 100 rooms for day care.
- 36 operating theaters (inkluding 3 "hybrid" theaters), 66 pre-/post op beds, 8 radiation therapy rooms (accelerators) as well as rooms for imaging and functional diagnostics.
- 168 out-patient clinic rooms.
- The investment cost is 14.5 billion SEK including construction, contractor costs, credit costs, demolition, etc. The cost does not include medical technology equipment.
- Start of the first medical care operations in November 2016.